Zenith Zak's "Rules for Responsible Dog Ownership"
1. A dog's life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you
will be very painful.
2. Give him time to understand what you want of him.
3. Place your trust in him - it is crucial for his well-being.
4. Don't be angry with him for long, and don't lock him up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. He has only YOU!
5. Talk to him. Even if he doesn't understand your words, he understands
your voice when it's speaking to him.
6. Be aware that however you treat him, he'll NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit him, remember that he has teeth that could easily crush
the bones in your hand but he chooses not to bite you.
8. before you scold him for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering him. Perhaps he's not getting the right food,
he's been out in the sun too long, or his heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of him when he gets old. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with him on difficult journeys. never say, "I can't bear to watch
it." or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for him if you
are there. Remember, he loves you.
Click on one of the Knights to return to the previous page.